Welcome to Mrs. Varvaro’s class page! You can reach me at email@example.com.
I want to extend my thanks to all the students and parents who worked so well and so diligently throughout a very difficult trimester. Please accept my best wishes for a happy, healthy, and relaxing summer.
Supply List Grades 5-8 2020-2021
- 2 packages of 500 sheet copy paper
- 2 boxes of tissues
- 2 rolls of paper towels + 1 for Art Class)
- 1 bottle of hand sanitizer
- 1 pack of Baby Wipes for Art Class
- 1 container of Lysol Wipes
All students will need:
- 7 Large Black and White Notebooks (NO SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS)
- 1 Small Notebook or Assignment Pad (To record homework assignments)
- 1 D-ring binder with folders for each subject
- Supply of loose leaf for home and school
- 1 Package of graph paper
- Supply of sharpened pencils, and black or blue pens
- Fabric Book Sox (all textbooks must be covered)
- Ruler (inches and metrics)
- Calculator—preferably the TI-30Xa
- Headphones that will fit iPad Air
- Small box of crayons or colored pencils for ELA
- Pack of Markers for Social Studies (Fine or Thick point)
- Pencil case
NO SPIRAL NOTEBOOKS, RED PENS, OR WHITE OUT
All 8th grade students planning on taking the TACHS and/or SHSAT (the test for the Specialized High Schools) exam should purchase review books for each test and begin to practice over the summer.
Nitesh has hoped to be named student of the month for many years, but it took a global pandemic to create an academic situation that allowed Nitesh to finally shine. The quality of work he has produced during distance learning has shown his true potential. Additionally he has an inquisitive mind, is quick to offer help when needed, is generous with his time and possessions, accepts responsibility for his actions, and almost always has a big smile for everyone. He enjoys reading realistic and historical fiction, especially stories of America’s Colonial Period and world conflicts. He also enjoys technology, lacrosse and basketball. I have no doubt that he has a wonderful future ahead of him.
Please go to the school website and read the letter concerning an adjustment to the distance learning schedule on Fridays.
I hope this update finds everyone safe and well. My prayers and thanks go out to all of our children and families who are being so patient and supportive of us during this new learning experience. Additionally, I want offer my personal thanks all of you who are on on the front lines of this crisis. God bless all of you and keep you safe.
Distance learning is still happening on Google Classroom. Work for all classes is being posted by all the teachers. If anyone is having a problem, please contact us and we’ll do our best to help. I’ll be updating this weekly. If you need to reach me my email is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Grade 8 is approaching the end of their unit on “The Diary of Anne Frank”.
Grade 7 is almost finished with their work on “The Smallest Dragonboy”.
Grade 6 has been reading “Thank you, Ma’am” by Langston Hughes.
Grade 5 is working on Folk Literature.