Welcome to Ms. Kiely’s class page!
You can reach me at email@example.com
Please Note: Any student who is absent from school or leaves school early because they are not feeling well,
will need a doctors note to return to school.
Incarnation Catholic Academy is still open!
We are all safe and are monitoring the situation.
We are not included in the Hot Spot zip codes.
Parents please do your part and complete the Health Affirmation every morning.
Only 19 families set up their accounts, and not one of them filled out the affirmation this morning.
–No exceptions will be made.
** This only applies for In-person School Learning Students **
* * This doesn’t need to be completed by the home-schooled students. * *
Every student who will enter the building must complete this health assessment every morning during the school week!
Please keep in mind that the windows will be closing soon due to the cold and we need ventilation.
Please contribute your donations towards this since this cold weather is quickly approaching us! You can send your donations with your child to bring to class and/or directly to me via our main office. You can always contact me if you have any questions or like another method of donating. Thank you!
The Zoom or Google meetings for our home-schooled learners are only for Incarnation Catholic Academy students.
Please do no share these unique class codes with anybody and parents should not be involved with these daily lessons. Only the student should be seen on the screen.
Each student must also show their face at all times.
The teacher has a right to remove anyone who has their camera off or is not able to be seen on the screen.
If a teacher removes someone from a meeting, then they will be marked absent.
Students are expected to be in class or logged in to a meet at 8:00 when classes begin.
* * Late online assignment submissions will be met with a penalty (a reduction in credit). * *
* * Only assignments that are 2 days late will be accepted. * *
* * * Students cannot hand in assignments that are weeks late! * * *
These are the latest announcements for Incarnation Catholic Academy:
Pop-up dress down tomorrow, Tuesday, October 27th!!
** Please bring in $2.00 to participate in this dress down =) **
* * All sponsor sheets and pledges totaling $200.00 per family, are due on 10/30/2020 * *
Incarnation Catholic Academy Walk-a thon
Our Walk-a thon is in full swing, and there are adults and students walking all over Queens for our first fundraising event!
Just some reminders:
- Every family is responsible to collect at least $200.00. This is Mandatory.
- The student with the most steps in each class, will get a certificate of honor and a snack bought by Fr. Gannon.
- The student with the most sponsors in each class, will receive a certificate of Honor and a snack by Fr. Gannon
- The entire class with the most steps will have no uniform for a week and donuts by Fr. Gannon.
- The class with the most sponsors will have no uniform for a week, donuts, and a NUT Card.
- The teacher of the class with the most steps and the teacher of the class with the most sponsors will receive a prize.
- The adult who walks the most steps will receive a prize by Fr. Gannon.
- The adult who has the most sponsors will receive a prize by Fr. Gannon.
All money must be in by Friday, October 30, 2020.
There is plenty of time!
Start walking and have fun!
The Walk-a-Thon is in progress (through the month of October). All the required forms were given out in school and are posted on this website (scroll down). We ask every student in the school to recruit 20 sponsors for each walker. If each sponsor pledges $10, then we can raise $200 per student for this event. This can only happen if every one gets involved and participates. The child that raises the most money and the class that raises the most money will receive a prize.
* * Please read the attached letter from our Principal, Ms. Bellone. October 15 Walk-a-thon * *
Also, please let me know how many sponsors each of you have
and how many steps you have walked for our Walk-a-Thon!
I still need completed forms! This is a competition!
* * We will be making a chart for outside of our classroom showing how many steps our class has walked each day. * *
All parents should have downloaded the MySchool Badge App. This is a daily health check in that all students, teachers and administrators have to do in order to ensure our safety. This short questionnaire needs to be completed by everyone every morning before they arrive at school. This doesn’t need to be completed by the home-schooled students. Each student is to provide their school email address that allows the system to identify them as a unique person logged in to the system. If the student doesn’t have an email, then they can make one up (example: firstname.lastname@example.org). Please purchase a thermometer if you haven’t done so already. The App asks for a recorded temperature everyday.
We are still looking for parent volunteers to help with hall duty and lunch distribution.If you are interested you must first make sure that you are Virtus trained. You can find their website and information online at virtue.org. Please email Ms. Bellone your availability at email@example.com. Each day you come in , you receive a $25 credit on monthly tuition bill.
The Zoom or Google meetings for our home-schooled learners are only for Incarnation Catholic Academy students. Please do no share these unique class codes with anybody and parents should not be involved with these daily lessons. Only the student should be seen on the screen. Each student must also show their face at all times. The teacher has a right to remove anyone who has their camera off or is not able to be seen on the screen. If a teacher removes someone from a meeting, then they will be marked absent.
Late online assignment submissions will be met with a penalty (a reduction in credit). Only assignments that are 2 days late will be accepted. Students cannot hand in assignments that are weeks late.
Thank you for your cooperation in these above mentioned items.
Important October Dates:
- 10/1- Walk-a-thon begins
- 10/2- Half Day- Faculty Meeting – NO After school; 11:50am to 12:00pm Dismissal- Grades 5-8
- 10/5- Blessing of Animals
- 10/7- Crowning of the Blessed Mother/Rosary Rally
- 10/12- Columbus Day- School is closed
- 10/14- Confession 9:30am- Grade 7
- 10/23- “In school” Walk-a-thon
- 10/26- Mass 9:30am Grades 7 and 8
- 10/29-Student of the Month
- 10/30- Walk-a-thon ends – All sponsor sheets and pledges totaling $200.00 per family; Halloween Class Costume Party; Students must still wear a mask and cannot wear a Halloween mask over the surgical mask (breathing). A schedule (will be determined) will be made for our class to go to the auditorium to our assigned table, where our class will eat pizza and a drink. A goody bag with candy will be provided for each child. **Students must pay $5.00 for a slice and a drink. $7.00 for 2 slices. Orders will start being taken starting tomorrow 10/27/20 **
- There will also be electronic distribution of Progress Reports * * Date is to be determined * *
- 11/2 – Parade of Saints – Students will dress up as a Saint and write a report all about their chosen Saint (students will write a paper on their favorite saint) They have the option of dressing up as that saint and participating in a safe, “socially distanced” parade on this day; Students will be given an index card in the shape of a leaf. They will write the name of a person their family has lost this year. Students at home can submit a name, and we can make one for them. Then, we will put them on a paper tree in the front hall, where Fr. Gannon will bless the names on 11/3/2020. ** All index cards are due on 11/2/20 **
- 11/6 – Half Day- Faculty Meeting- No After school; 11:50am to 12:00pm Dismissal- Grades 5-8
- November 10, 2020 – Confirmation – 4:00pm.
- November 11, 2020 – Veteran’s Day – School Closed
- November 25, 2020 – Thanksgiving – School Closed
Paul Effman Music
Our live online lessons are now underway, along with a wealth of supplementary material we developed over the summer. Parents love that their children can continue to have a creative outlet, while students love playing their instruments again with their peers!
We look forward to getting back to in-person lessons, but for the time being we are so grateful for all of your support. Please help us spread the word that it’s never too late for students to join the music program. Parents can be pointed to https://pemusic.com/join to learn about the program and to register.
Hi everyone!! Please fill out and hand in these documents for the Walk-A-Thon back to me!
You can send it to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s coming up and is for the entire month of October!
Show your school spirit!!! I.C.A. Strong!!
INCARNATION CATHOLIC ACADEMY WILL BE HOSTING ITS FIRST EVER VIRTUAL WALK A THON. Below, you will find a copy of the “consent/walker information form” and the “Sponsor” from. Please get as many people to support the Walk A Thon so we can make this a successful fundraiser.
Thank You For Your Support And Participation
October 1st to October 30th
Month of Mary
Name of Walker
(Class grade of the walker in in the Academy)
(Parent information if in the Academy)
Address of Walker
Email of Walker
Phone Number of Walker
Age of Walker
I the above walker understand that I am volunteering to be an official walker for the Academy Virtual Walk-A-Thon. I understand that it will be my responsibly to get at least 20 sponsors and that each sponsor will be asked to donate a minimum of $10. I also understand that walking means that there is a certain level of physical risk and physical fitness. I therefore will not hold the Academy responsible for any physical mishap that may occur.
Walker’s Signature Date:
(If under 18)
Incarnation Catholic Academy, 89-15 Francis Lewis Blvd
Virtual Walk-a-thon OCTOBER 2020 Sponsor List
Please have checks made payable to Incarnation Catholic Academy
|Name of Sponsor||Address of Sponsor||Amount of Payment and date Received|
INCARNATION CATHOLIC ACADEMY
Virtual Walk A Thon 2020
October 1st to October 30
Come out, walk, and support our parish Academy
PRINT YOUR NAME: ________________________________________________
TELEPHONE NUMBER: ______________________________________________
_____YES, FATHER I WANT TO BE A OFFICAL WALKER AND GATHER SPONSORS FOR THE WALK – please fill out additional release below & if you are under 18 years of age please have parent or guardian sign the release.
_____NO, FATHER I CANNOT WALK BUT I WANT TO HELP BY BEING AN OFFICAL SPONSOR _____ENCLOSED IS MY DONATION OF TEN DOLLARS
_____ENCLOSED IS MY DONATION OF __________
AGE OF WALKER _____
I the above walker understand that I am volunteering to be an official walker for the Academy Virtual walk-a-thon. I understand that it will be my responsibly to get at least 20 sponsors and that each sponsor will be asked to donate a minimum of $10. I also understand that walking means that there is a certain level of physical risk and physical fitness. I therefore will not hold the Academy responsible for any physical mishap that may occur.
Walker’s Signature____________________________________________________ Date: __________________
Please Print Walker’s Name___________________________________________
If under 18:
Please Print Name _____________________________________________________
WALKERS: Please complete and return this form as soon as possible! THANKS, Fr. Gannon
VIRTUAL OPEN HOUSE VIDEO
for 7th & 8th Grade Boys
CATHEDRAL PREP SCHOOL AND SEMINARY
The Virtual Open House recording is on the website. Here’s the direct link:
** On Monday, September 21st at 9:30am,
We will be attending mass Father Gannon is live streaming mass so the students from home school can watch it and pray.
Please go to the website, Incarnation Parish, incrcc.org. at 9:30am. **
Mrs. Griffo is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: Meeting For Grades 5-8 Parents
Time: Sep 18, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 860 5073 3807
One tap mobile
Dial by your location
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 860 5073 3807
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/
Thank you for your patience and understanding. These are the join codes for Google Classroom:
7th grade Homeroom: ymar6kv
7th grade Religion: u6skw3v
5th grade Science: hvkmmfv
6th grade Science: r4dzu27
7th grade Science: pupgox7
8th grade Science: ux5hled
Art: Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 764 6085 1880
7th grade Spanish: 3sonnru
Please have your child join each class tonight
Homework is posted up on your child’s grade Google Classroom
Attached is the class schedule: schedule back up
The outdoor schedule for grades 5 – 8 will be as follows:
Please make sure that you are checking this website and Optionc.com on a regular basis. This site will have daily updates and will announce any upcoming events at Incarnation Catholic Academy.
Please visit this class page for updated information about Science classes for grades 5, 6, 7, 8. All homework will be posted on this site daily.
Please fill out and send me via email the 7th grade contact list and contract. Please copy and paste this link for the files and send it to me via email by Monday, September 14th as part of your homework. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Z7uowH7oTYGfNRuHfHpwo5xTI3IqUbk1zajJWLcsoIU/edit?usp=sharing
I am still waiting for some of my home school students’ Opinion essay on Covid-19 that I assigned in class on Wednesday, September 9th. Please email this to me by Monday, September 14th to receive credit!
Starting next week, parents will have to fill out a “Daily Affirmation” on Optionc.com. This electronic survey will be used as a check-in by parents, every morning, to assure that their child is being sent to school feeling well and free of illness. More information will follow on how to fill out this important daily survey.
Thank you for your understanding.
Keep safe and healthy! God bless! Have a great weekend!
9/9/20-In Person Students starts tomorrow at 8:30am-12pm.
Tomorrow morning the students who opted for in person learning, will enter the building, wearing their masks. They will use Door “C” located at the rear of the building in the small school yard. That is the door closest to the church. After they have their temperature checked they will proceed up the stairs directly to the 7th grade classroom. Please remind your children that they must maintain social distancing going up the stairs as well as in the hallways.
The homeschooling students will meet on Google Meet. The codes will be given in the morning for everyone. Students must be on Google Classroom by 8:30-8:45am for attendance and to meet your new teacher Ms. Kiely.
The teachers are working on the daily schedule which is contingent on the number of students physically present in the building. We should have a better idea after tomorrow and I’ll post a schedule as soon as it’s ready.
All grades will have a full day on Monday, grade 7 will enter the building through the “C” door between 7:45 and 8:00 and proceed directly to the classroom.
9/14/20-Morning program, after school, and lunch will all begins. Lunch is a “grab and go” cold lunch. Please have your child bring a few extra masks in a Ziploc bag for their personal use. They should have hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes with them.
Please check the school website as well as your OptionC email daily.
Any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.