Welcome to Mrs. Zontanos class page!
Hi my name is Ms. Ioanna (my name is pronounced Yana) I am the Nursery teacher at Incarnation! I have been teaching Nursery the past 5 years and Pre-K the past 2 years now.
I love working with the little ones and in our class it never gets boring, we always have fun and learn at the same time! Lots of times the beginning of the year is tough because for most of us it is our first time in school, but don’t worry children need time to adjust and get to know their new teachers. Always remember every child blossoms on their own time 🙂
First Week of School bring a toy or stuffed animal your child feels comfortable with. Remember to give your child lots of hugs and kisses before leaving and ensure you will return to pick him/her up. Prepare your child during the summer talking about things they will do in school like art, sing, dance, play with friends, gym, learn how to write their name, letters, numbers etc.
Looking forward to a great school year 🙂
Here is a list with supplies we will need throughout the new school year 2020-2021 🙂 PLEASE LABEL ALL OF YOUR CHILD’S BELONGINGS WITH A SHARPIE. You can bring them in, in two trips during the first two weeks of school. Thank you 🙂
- A blanket and Fitted Sheet for Nap Time.
- 1 Change of Weather Appropriate Clothes (shirt, pants/shorts, underwear, socks)
- 1 Clear Small Shoe box to fit an extra change of clothes.
- 1 Primary Composition Notebook K-2 (You can usually find this at Staples or maybe online like Amazon)
- 1 Small Dry Erase Board and 3 Dry Erase Markers (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$ when they bring out school supplies)
- A Smock for Painting
- A Pencilcase (Hard Box)
- Play-dough 4 pack
- 1 Box of Crayons (All Colors)
- 1 Box Crayola Colors of the World (Skin Colors only)
- 1 Folder
- 2 Packs of Copy Paper
- 3 Boxes of Clorox Wipes
- 3 Paper Towel Rolls
- 2 Tissue Boxes
- 2 Hand Sanitizers
- 3 Hand Soaps
- 1 Bottle of Lysol Disinfecting Spray
- 1 Box of Powder Free Latex Gloves Size Large.
- 1 Box of Ziplock Bags
- 1 Pack of White Paper Plates (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$)
- 1 Pack of Brown Paper Bags (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$)
- 1 Pack of Colorful Construction Paper
- 1 Pack of Brown Napkins, to wipe our hands after washing them.
*If you have any toys or books you would like to give away, we would happily accept them.
Please practice over the summer hand washing using soap and water, rubbing throughly top, bottom and in between your fingers and palms, hand sanitizing and covering your face when sneezing, coughing, as well as knowing to wash and sanitize your hands after that.
*Any requirement regarding COVID19 update, will be posted mid July or by the end of August. Stay Safe!
Thanks Again! See you in September. 🙂
Please log into Class Dojo for daily Activities and events.
Lots of hugs to my little ones! 🙂 Miss them dearly! 🙁
All lessons will be on Class Dojo! Please send me your email, so I can sent you your BAR CODE for your child’s portfolio, where you will be uploading pictures of your child’s work, every day before 12 PM.
This weeks goals 3/17 – 3/20:
Letter: Jj for (Jayden, Jaylene, Jelly, Jump rope, Jellybeans)
TUESDAY MARCH 17TH, 2020
1. Message me with your child’s name that he/she is here
(as if we were attending school)
Remember any response after 10 AM is considered absent
2. Take a picture of your Leprechaun Trap Project (if you have already made it) and upload it to your portfolio.
3. Here is a fun experiment: In a bowl of water, pour some pepper, pepper will represent germs. Ask your child to dip in his/her finger. What happened to the germs? Then clean your child’s finger and dip it in dish wash soap and back into the bowl of water. What happened to the germs now? This activity represents the importance of washing our hands.
Take a picture and record your child’s response.
Here is a simple song while hand washing:
Tune: Fere Jacques
Top and bottom, top and bottom
Rub your hands together,
Rub your hands together
Now their clean,
Now their clean. 🙂