Welcome to Mrs. Zontanos class page!
Happy Monday everyone!
-This week we will be learning about Family! We will introduce and talk about our family members, why family is important and what is each family members role, as well as the different types of family we can find (family with both parents, single parent family, families who live with their grandparents, grandparents who raise their grandchildren, children that are adopted etc.)
-Art with Mrs. Balan at 9:30 am today Monday September 21st 2020.
Letter of the week: Aa
Family Photo Album due September 25th 2020. You can make your own by using construction paper. Don’t forget to label your family members. If you have your album from last year, you are more than welcomed to use that.
Homework will be given tomorrow and returned on Friday! 🙂 Try to do a worksheet each day of the week 🙂
Have an awesome week! 🙂
WEEK OF 9/21 – 9/25/2020
Homeschooled Students, What you will need for this week:
– A colored piece of construction paper to make your house roof and a square piece to make your bottom of the house where you will draw your family members.
– In your notebook, dot the letter Aa (First capital and then lower case 6 times each) and trace. Then try to write Aa by yourself. Draw a picture that starts with Aa. Don’t forget to write your name on top.
– Religion: First Day of creation. Print and Color.
– Cut out circles to make a flower.
– Dot number 1 in your notebook 6 times and trace.
– Religion: Second Day of creation. Print and Color.
– Find an item that is a circle in your home. Draw a picture label the item.
– Draw the tallest person in your family and the shortest person in your family.
– Use a blue crayon and draw something that is blue. It could be something naturally blue, like the shy, a blue bird, blueberries or something you have in your home that is blue.
– Draw an activity that you like doing with your family. Example: cooking, playing with a toy, a game, cleaning, dancing etc.
– Make your handprint on a piece of paper. Glue or draw a heart in the middle of it. Trace the word FAMILY.
– Show and Tell, show us your family photo album.
– You will need play dough to strengthen your little fingers.
– Dance Party and special surprise!
Class Schedule 🙂
- Arrival 8:20 AM
- Put belongings away and wash hands
Morning Prayer and Breakfast (provided by parents)
- Clean up and wash hands 8:50 AM
- Circle Time: 9:00 AM – zoom
(calendar, season, weather, theme of the week)
- Play Time and small groups (math, ELA, art or theme related activities) 9:15 AM
- Story Time 10:30 AM – zoom
- Prepare for Lunch/Wash Hands Set Tables 10:45 AM
- Lunch (Cold Lunch Grab and Go) 11:00 AM
- Nap Time 11:45 – 12:45 PM
- Group Meeting Letter, Number, Shape and Color/Music and Movement – zoom
- Activity based on letter, number, color or shape 1:15 PM – zoom
- Manipulatives, Coloring, Puzzles 1:30 PM
- Religion 1:45 PM – zoom
- Get ready to dismissal 2:00 PM
- Dismissal 2:20 PM
*For Remote students they should be logged in at 9:00 AM, to marked “in class” for attendance. Students who do not join the sessions will be marked absent or if they join later on during the day they will be marked late.
*Art with our favorite Art Teacher Mrs. Balan on Mondays at 9:35 AM.
*MASK BREAKS, every 30 or 40 minutes
*Toys, tables, books etc. will be constantly cleaned during the day.
*Gym 2 times a week (we do music and movement, stretching, yoga, games etc on a daily basis)
Hi my name is Ms. Ioanna (my name is pronounced Yana) I am the Nursery teacher at Incarnation! I have been teaching Nursery the past 5 years and Pre-K the past 2 years now.
I love working with the little ones and in our class it never gets boring, we always have fun and learn at the same time! Lots of times the beginning of the year is tough because for most of us it is our first time in school, but don’t worry children need time to adjust and get to know their new teachers. Always remember every child blossoms on their own time 🙂
First Week of School bring a toy or stuffed animal your child feels comfortable with. Remember to give your child lots of hugs and kisses before leaving and ensure you will return to pick him/her up. Prepare your child during the summer talking about things they will do in school like art, sing, dance, play with friends, gym, learn how to write their name, letters, numbers etc.
Looking forward to a great school year 🙂
Please email me a picture of your child at firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can prep their name tags over the summer. If you do not feel comfortable sending one before meeting me I totally understand, you can email me one, the first day of school. I am just asking because children need visuals to know where their belongings go and how to spell their name in a classroom and so the class can be ready before they come in. Thanks!
Here is a list with supplies we will need throughout the new school year 2020-2021 🙂 PLEASE LABEL ALL OF YOUR CHILD’S BELONGINGS WITH A SHARPIE. You can bring them in, in two trips during the first two weeks of school. Thank you 🙂
- Small towel to eat breakfast and lunch (any towel is fine)
- Slippers for inside the classroom
- 1 Change of Weather Appropriate Clothes (shirt, pants/shorts, underwear, socks)
- 1 Clear Small Shoe box to fit an extra change of clothes.
- 1 Primary Composition Notebook K-2 (You can usually find this at Staples or maybe online like Amazon)
- 1 Small Dry Erase Board and 3 Dry Erase Markers (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$ when they bring out school supplies)
- A Smock for Painting
- A Pencil-case (Hard Box)
- Play-dough 4 pack
- 1 Box of Crayons (All Colors)
- 1 Box Crayola Colors of the World (Skin Colors only)
- 1 Folder
- 2 Packs of Copy Paper
- 3 Boxes of Clorox Wipes (Any brand is fine)
- 3 Paper Towel Rolls
- 2 Tissue Boxes
- 2 Packs of Wipes
- 2 Hand Sanitizers
- 3 Hand Soaps
- 1 Bottle of Lysol Disinfecting Spray (Any brand is fine)
- 1 Box of Powder Free Latex Gloves Size Large.
- 2 Boxes of Ziplock Bags, big and small
- 1 Pack of White Paper Plates (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$)
- 1 Pack of Brown or White Paper Bags (You can find this at Dollar Tree for 1$)
- 1 Pack of Colorful Construction Paper
- 1 Pack of Brown Napkins, to wipe our hands after washing them.
*If you have any toys or books you would like to give away, we would happily accept them.
Please practice over the summer hand washing using soap and water, rubbing throughly top, bottom and in between your fingers and palms, hand sanitizing and covering your face when sneezing, coughing, as well as knowing to wash and sanitize your hands after that.
***Children can attend school 5 days a week or choose to learn virtually. Mask inside the classroom is mandatory. ***
Thanks Again! See you in September. 🙂