The growth of the Parish and the post-war baby boom had made the clamor for a school loud and clear. On December 8, 1949, Bishop Thomas E. Malloy gave permission to build. William Boegel was the architect and Caristo Construction Co. of Brooklyn was chosen as the builder with a bid of $465,000, not including plumbing, electrical and other compliments. This raised the completed price of $750,000.
On June 18, 1950, Farther James J. Griffin, the Pastor of Incarnation, and visiting dignitaries broke ground.
On June 22, 1952, Bishop Malloy dedicated and opened the long-awaited Incarnation Roman Catholic School. It was worth waiting for.
In September, 1952, the school opened with grades 1 to 5 in operation. The Sisters of St. Dominic of Amityville, Long Island, agreed to staff the school.
By 1966 the school reached its record enrollment of over 1,500 students. It was also about this time that tuition was introduced into the school in order to meet the contingency as more and more lay teachers came into the school system.
In the 1970’s enrollment in the Catholic Schools began to decline throughout the United States. There were many reasons. There was a lack of sisters to teach, the introduction of tuition to support the schools, and smaller families all contributed to the decline.
Middle States Accreditation was obtained in 1994. In 2004 the school received a 10-year reaccreditation by the Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges.
On August 31, 2016, Incarnation School closed and reopened on September 01, 2016, as Incarnation Catholic Academy.
As Incarnation Catholic Academy moves into the future, it continues to thrive. Our greatest asset, our students, involved and cooperative parents, and a dedicated faculty all contribute to quality Catholic education in Queens Village and Hollis. United to that purpose, Incarnation Catholic Academy excitedly looks to its next decade of excellence.